Whether you own a single truck or a transportation company with a fleet of logging trucks, it’s vital to ensure that you have the right log truck insurance. A single log weighs many tons, so having the proper coverage can prevent a catastrophic loss in the event of an accident.
Not only do you need the minimum coverage required in your state for each vehicle, but you also need liability and physical damage coverage to protect your large asset. If you’re an independent contractor, you may need motor truck cargo insurance to insure the logs you haul. At Hawsey Insurance, we help you craft a policy uniquely suited to your needs. Below, we have put together a few useful tips to help you keep your log truck insurance premiums low.
Keep Your Log Truck Insurance Cost Under Control
If you’re an employer, it’s important to hire experienced drivers with good track records. However, some tips apply to both independent drivers and transportation companies specializing in logging. Follow the advice below to find the right insurance company with the help of your friendly, knowledgeable agents at Hawsey Insurance:
- Hire experienced drivers: Hiring good help isn’t always easy. However, it may be worthwhile to wait for the right candidate to come along. Hiring truck drivers with a good driving record can help you attain lower insurance premiums. Avoid hiring drivers with a record of speeding, impaired driving, and multiple accidents. Responsible drivers can help you grow your business, while irresponsible ones only drag you down.
- Know your insurance needs: Speak with one of our knowledgeable commercial insurance agents to cover all your bases when it comes to log truck insurance. You will want to look into the ones below:
- General liability and property insurance
- Commercial vehicle coverage
- Business interruption
- Worker’s compensation
- Umbrella insurance
- Find out what coverage you’re getting: It’s a good idea to review your coverage every year. If you have an existing policy, the insurance professionals at Hawsey Insurance are happy to review your coverage and rates. You may have gaps in your coverage that leave you exposed, or there may be opportunities to save you money.
- Choose a reliable insurance product: It’s important to work with a reputable insurer with a good claims settlement history and excellent customer service. It’s not all about the price, especially if you want reliable coverage from a trustworthy insurer. As independent agents, we have your best interests in mind, not the insurance company’s bottom line.
- Find an experienced insurance broker: Our highly skilled insurance brokers can save you time and money. We provide multiple quotes and help you understand exactly what’s included in your coverage. We have three locations throughout Mississippi in Madison, Jackson, and Southaven to serve you better.
When you choose our team as your log truck insurance partner, you receive honest answers, exceptional customer service, and the knowledge you need to make a final decision.
Call Hawsey Insurance at (601) 856-7707 for information on log truck insurance for a single rig to an entire fleet. Contact us online for questions on coverage for your truck in Mississippi and the surrounding states.