When you’re cruising down I-55 or I-20, it’s good to know that your auto insurance covers everything riding on your four wheels. That starts with making sure that you meet the state minimum requirements for auto insurance in Mississippi. In Mississippi, drivers must carry the following coverage in an accident that they cause:
- $25,000 bodily injury per person
- $50,000 bodily injury for all people injured in an accident
- $25,000 property damage
Although the state does not require you to cover your own vehicle or yourself in the case of property damage or bodily injury, it’s a good idea to add this to your policy for extra protection. Additionally, if you finance or lease your vehicle, your lender or leasing company may have stricter minimum requirements. A Hawsey Insurance
agent in Madison
, and Southaven
, MS, can provide all the information you need to choose the right coverage for your personal or commercial vehicles.
Choose the Right Auto Insurance in MS
Make sure to expand your coverage for the best options to protect your own health and financial well-being. Here are the different types of auto insurance we recommend for comprehensive coverage of your vehicle and passengers:
- Liability Coverage: As in most states, liability coverage is mandatory in Mississippi. It’s comprised of bodily injury and property damage:
- Bodily injury insurance covers the cost of injuries caused by an accident.
- Property damage covers the cost of property damage caused by an accident.
- Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist (UI/UIM): Mississippi drivers are required by law to have property damage and bodily injury liability coverage. However, many drivers choose to drive without insurance anyway. UI/UIM coverage helps you recoup your losses if you get hit by an uninsured or underinsured motorist.
- Comprehensive Coverage: If you have a newer vehicle, it’s important to protect your investment. Comprehensive coverage pays for damage caused by fire, theft, vandalism and other covered events listed in your policy.
- Collision Coverage: If you’re involved in an accident or hit an object such as a tree or a fence, collision coverage can help you pay to repair or replace your car. It’s often required by leasing companies and car loan lenders.
- Medical Payments: This coverage protects you, family members, and passengers who are injured in an automobile accident. Covered costs may include hospital stays, surgery and other medical expenses.
Other Insurance to Consider: Contact us for a free online quote
or to better understand the following car insurance coverage:
Hawsey Insurance offers auto insurance for your personal and commercial vehicle. Call 601-856-7707 for affordable, comprehensive auto insurance in Mississippi. We also offer an array of insurance services to protect your home and business.
- Gap coverage
- Ride-sharing coverage
- Sound system coverage
- RV coverage
- Towing and labor
- Roadside assistance
- Classic car insurance
- Motorcycle insurance