There is beauty to be seen all around. As a landscape contractor, you know how to enhance the look of a home, office building, or university campus. Your customers depend on you to choose the suitable bush, shrubs, and perennials to enhance their facility’s curb appeal. With each pass of the lawnmower, the property gets tidier, and your customers are happier.
The next thing you know, you receive calls from potential clients because the word has gotten out about you. Soon, your calendar is packed with new projects, and cash is flowing. It’s exhilarating, but are you prepared if something happens, like theft? Ensure that you can keep your customers happy by purchasing landscape contractor insurance for your Mississippi company.
5 Ways to Increase Your Success in Landscaping
No one sets out to fail when they start a new business. Yet, many will. You don’t have to be another statistic while doing what you love to do. Work to avoid these common mistakes and increase your chances of long-lasting success:
- Bidding on a Job without Understanding the Full Scope of the Project: There is nothing worse than underbidding a job because you didn’t fully understand what the customer wanted. Help your bottom line by asking clarifying questions. It aids you in unexpected expenses later.
- Ignoring the Financial Aspects (i.e., Cash Flow): Keeping your books up-to-date shows you what your expenses are compared to your income. This tells you if you are profiting or not. Landscape businesses that continually run in the red are more likely to close their doors than those that keep a close tally on cash flow.
- Taking Your Employees for Granted: Mistreating your employees is one of the fastest ways for your business to lose out. Well treated employees ensures you service your clients’ needs. If they develop bad attitudes because of how you treat them, it will result in poor quality. Be willing to teach skills, encourage your team to partner with you in this venture, and add benefits like health insurance as soon as you can. Bring this up when you talk about landscape contractor insurance with your Mississippi agent.
- Underestimating the Power of Branding and Marketing: You may have a social media page, but do you have a website? Besides being online, take steps to dress the part of a professional landscaper. This includes the attire you and your team wear and the care of your equipment. Additionally, live up to your brand by consistently producing quality work.
- Putting Off Landscape Contractor Insurance: You can do everything right and have that one incident that puts you at risk of losing everything. One accident, a theft, or a fire can ruin your business if you don’t have insurance to help you get back to work quickly.
Invest in Landscape Contractor Insurance in Mississippi
Success isn’t guaranteed, but the more you take control of your landscape business, the higher your chances are. Protect all your efforts by working with an experienced agency for landscape contractor insurance in Mississippi. At Hawsey Insurance, we have helped many small business owners and entrepreneurs like you. Depend on us to set you up with the right balance of coverage that won’t strain your budget.
Call Hawsey Insurance at (601) 856-7707 for your quote on landscape contractor insurance. Feel free to contact us online or make an appointment at one of our offices in Madison, Jackson, and Southaven, MS.