Landscape contractor insurance describes policies put together with your landscaping or lawn service business in mind. At a minimum, you want to protect non-employees from property damage and injuries and shield your business from lawsuits and other expenses related to general liability risks. At Hawsey Insurance, our commercial insurance agents can provide a quote based on the particular circumstances under which your company operates.
Who Needs Landscape Contractor Insurance?
Landscape contractor insurance applies to businesses that cater to residential and commercial property maintenance, including the installation, maintenance, and care of grass, shrubs, trees, and plants. Examples of landscape contractors that benefit from tailored insurance policies include the following:
- Landscape designers and installers: Landscape designers work with home and business owners to craft beautiful landscapes that are easy to maintain.
- Lawn care companies: These businesses use potentially dangerous equipment to mow, trim, weed, and maintain finished landscapes.
- Arborists and tree surgeons: These companies trim, prune, install, maintain, and remove trees and stumps. They often work from perilous heights and wield bulky equipment to complete their work.
- Excavation: Some businesses concentrate on excavation and grading residential and commercial landscapes to ensure proper drainage and prepare the ground for professional landscaping services.
- Hardscape installers: Landscapes commonly use hardscapes such as retaining walls, rocks, and pathways to define different sections of outdoor living spaces. Typical risks include injury and property damage related to the heavy materials needed to complete various hardscapes.
Prospective clients want to see what kind of insurance your business carries before they will hire you to design, maintain, or work on their landscaping. Our dedicated team can audit your existing policy for gaps in coverage.
Common Landscape Insurance Policies in Mississippi and the Surrounding States
If you’re wondering what type of policies you should add to your current coverage, consider the following recommended insurance for landscape contractors’ insurance:
- General Liability: Covers third parties for property damage and bodily injury.
- Commercial Property Insurance: Covers assets owned by the business, such as equipment, building, and inventory.
- Commercial Auto Insurance: Typically provides better coverage than individual auto coverage and protects vehicles you use to transport equipment and employees to various job sites.
- Workers’ Compensation: Provides wage replacement and medical bill coverage for employees who become sick or injured on the job.
- Commercial Umbrella Insurance: Extends your workers’ compensation, general liability, and commercial auto coverage if included in the policy.
Fill out our online form to get a free landscape contractor insurance quote.
Do Landscape Contractors Need a Surety Bond?
If your business handles residential lawn care, you may not need a surety bond. However, if you’re looking to scale your business to cover commercial, government, or institutional contracts, you should look into getting a surety bond.
At Hawsey Insurance, we provide flexible options for landscape contractor insurance. We have three offices located throughout Mississippi, and we proudly serve landscape and lawn care businesses in Mississippi and the surrounding states.