We all love to save money. There are television shows about people who enjoy extreme couponing or living in a minimalist style. No matter how you like to save money, one area that seems to stump many is how to lower their insurance premiums. You know you need the protection, yet you don’t want to break the bank or dip into your kids’ college fund to pay for it. Logically, there should be ways to lower your Southaven, MS, home insurance, shouldn’t there? Yes there are, and some of the suggestions you may find are relatively simple.
Reduce Your Home Insurance Premiums with These 7 Tips
If you’re ready to save money on your home insurance in Southaven, MS, without lowering coverage, then it’s time to use these seven suggestions:
- Increase Your Deductible: A deductible refers to the amount of money you must pay toward a claim before your policy provisions kick in. The higher the deductible, the lower the premiums. Remember, this means that you must have a little more saved if you need to pay out for a claim.
- Increase Your Home’s Security: Not only should you have smoke detectors, but burglar alarms and dead-bolt locks can affect your premiums. You can save even more when you go high-tech with systems that automatically alert emergency crews. Your experienced insurance broker can assist you with strategies that make the most sense for your goals.
- Be Wise About Claims: Minor incidents that you can pay out of pocket to fix may not require a formal claim. Some companies give you a discount for being claim-free for an extended period.
- Bundle Car and Home Insurance: Often, insurers offer multi-line discounts. If you buy your car and homeowners policies through the same company, you can usually save more money.
- Stay with the Same Insurer: Faithfulness in buying coverage pays off with longevity discounts. While you should periodically review your policies and see if prices have changed, you may find that being with the same carrier provides deeper discounts.
- Keep Your Credit Score in Good Standing: More and more insurers are looking at your credit scores when determining your premiums. Establishing and maintaining a solid credit history can cut your insurance costs and lower your risk of high premiums.
- Ask for All Possible Discounts: Retirement has its perks. One of which could be a reduced price in insurance. Other discounts can also apply, such as paying premiums via automatic bank payments, paying upfront, or working in a specific career like teaching. Be sure to ask about any additional discounts, even odd ones, that you may be eligible for.
Experience Saves You Money – Work with an Experienced Home Insurance Brokerage
Don’t leave money on the table. Talk with the knowledgeable staff at Hawsey Insurance about your home insurance needs. We have years of experience to help you find the best coverage at great rates—with all the discounts you deserve. Learn more when you contact us today.
Call Hawsey Insurance at (601) 856-7707 for a home insurance quote in Southaven, MS. Feel free to contact us online or make an appointment to stop by one of our offices in Madison, Jackson, and Southaven, MS.