Whether you have owned your home for years or are a first-time buyer, you want to protect your investment. Having the best coverage can mean a world of difference when the inevitable happens and you need to file a claim. It’s vital that you understand what your policy covers so that you don’t find yourself on the short end of the stick. The best place to get your answers is from your Southaven, MS, home insurance brokerage. They have the knowledge and experience to help you understand what is covered, identify potential gaps, and offer options to make sure you’re properly protected.
Top Considerations for Your Home Insurance Purchase in Southaven, MS
Getting the best protection for your home and possessions begins with homeowners’ insurance from a reliable broker. When shopping around, ask them these five questions:
- Will the policy type cover all the rebuilding if I have a total loss? A home insurance policy covers rebuilding your home in two ways: actual cash value or replacement value. Actual cash value covers a rebuild based on what your property is worth today by factoring in its age, condition, and expected lifespan of the property. Replacement cost value will pay to replace your damaged property with new property of the same type, kind, and quality without factoring in depreciation. Your home’s structure is typically covered at replacement cost, and personal property is protected at actual cash value.
- How much would it cost to rebuild my home if I lost it? You can choose a coverage amount to cover your home’s structure under certain circumstances, such as a fire. Ideally, you’ll want to select an amount covering the entire cost of rebuilding your home. Other factors are involved, such as location, age of the structure, how it was built, and any renovations. Your agent can guide you on the best options for determining this amount.
- How much personal property coverage do I have? Your personal property includes furniture, appliances, electronics, clothing, jewelry, and artwork. It all adds up fast! Creating a home inventory is a great first step to determining how much personal property coverage you need. Consult your agent about coverage limits and whether you should itemize the more expensive items like jewelry.
- Do I qualify for any insurance discounts? You may be surprised by the different discounts you qualify for. Talk with your broker to get the best ones. They can guide you on lowering your premium, including paperless billing, and combining insurance types.
- Do I have flood insurance? Flooding isn’t automatically covered in a home insurance policy. It’s wise to find out if your policy has it, and if not, how to get it.
Get the Best Protection with Quality Home Insurance in Southaven, MS
It’s best to be prepared for the worst. Protect your investment and shop for home insurance from your local Hawsey Insurance agent. Our team is ready to answer all your questions to help you get the best homeowners’ coverage. Each situation is different, and we are available to discuss your unique needs, find gaps, and offer solutions at reasonable rates. Are you ready to enjoy outstanding service? Contact us today!
Call Hawsey Insurance at 601-856-7707 for a free quote on home insurance in Southaven, MS. Feel free to contact us online or make an appointment to stop by our Madison, Jackson, and Southaven, MS offices.