When buying a new home, you have much to consider. How many bedrooms do you need? Do you want one story or two? What is the neighborhood like? After settling on the perfect cottage in the cul-de-sac or condo near all the action, it’s time to consider how you will protect it. Working with an experienced broker gives you the reassurance that your home insurance in Madison, MS will give you the peace of mind you deserve. They have the knowledge to answer all your questions and help you obtain the right policy for your needs.
5 Questions to Get the Best Home Insurance Coverage
You have enough to check off the list when shopping for a new place to live. You don’t need the additional stress of trying to protect it. Make the process easy and efficient by asking these five questions of your preferred insurance agent:
- Does the Policy Cover Actual Cash Value or Replacement Cost Value? Homeowner’s policies offer two types of coverage. Actual replacement value will pay you what your property is worth today—the cost factors in the home’s age and expected lifespan. Replacement cost value will pay out what it costs to replace the damaged property with new property without deducting depreciation. Discuss the details with your home insurance broker in Madison, MS, to determine the best coverage for your situation.
- Do I Need More Personal Property Coverage? Part of your homeowner’s coverage should include protection for the items within the home. There may be specific types of property, like jewelry, that have coverage sub-limits. In those cases, you may want to have additional protection for the items that go above the sub-limits.
- How Can I Qualify for Discounts? Insurance providers do offer the ability to keep your costs low. It may be possible to get discounts for having fire and security systems in place or bundling coverage with your automobile, boat, or life insurance policies. Always ask how you can save more to get your money’s worth.
- Do I Need Flood Insurance? It’s common for many people to assume that their policy will cover damage from flooding. That isn’t the case for most policies. You can, however, ask your agent about adding flood insurance, especially if your mortgage company requires it. This can be added at affordable rates.
- If Someone Gets Hurt on My Property, Will Insurance Pay? Included in most homeowners’ insurance policies is liability coverage. It helps protect you if someone is injured and you become legally responsible. Work with your broker to select the right amount of coverage for your needs.
Gain Peace of Mind with Quality Home Insurance
Move into your new house knowing that things are covered when you obtain a home insurance policy in Madison, MS, through Hawsey Insurance. We have years of experience assisting home buyers like you. We are happy to answer all your questions and work to provide you with the best options. Contact us today, and let us help you on your new adventure.
Call Hawsey Insurance at (601) 856-7707 for a free quote on home insurance in Madison, Mississippi. Feel free to contact us online or make an appointment to stop by one of our offices in Madison, Jackson, and Southaven, MS.