As a business owner, you know that acting proactively can make or break your business. If you own a real estate brokerage, restaurant, or grocery store chain, you have unique needs for commercial insurance in Mississippi. Hawsey Insurance offers excellent insurance products and packages to help you protect your customers, employees, and your business.
Do you wonder where you should get started with your commercial insurance strategy? It depends on whether you are a first-time shopper or looking to upgrade your current coverage. We invite you to make an appointment with a Hawsey Insurance agent to review the different options available. Your agent will happily review your current coverage to look for gaps and savings opportunities available with other providers.
Some business owners start with a business owners policy, or BOP, or industry-specific insurance. After that, you can add on coverage that makes sense for your business. For example, almost all businesses in Mississippi are required to have workers’ compensation insurance. Healthcare and professional service providers that collect sensitive customer data may want to add cyber liability insurance to their coverage. Business size, customers, and the characteristics of your business site all impact your insurance needs.
Types of Commercial Insurance in Mississippi
Let’s take a closer look at some of the most common types of commercial insurance in Mississippi:
- General Liability Insurance. This standard policy can protect your organization from property damage and bodily injury claims due to incidents related to products, operations, personal injury liability, or advertising.
- Business Owner’s Package. A BOP policy combines property and liability perils under a single policy. You may save a considerable amount by bundling your coverage, and these policies target small to midsize businesses. Additionally, a BOP typically includes business interruption insurance, which reimburses you for lost revenue due to an insured risk that interrupts your business operations.
- Commercial Property Insurance. This insurance covers the risk associated with the loss of personal property or the building itself. You can choose from specific perils or all risks coverage.
- Commercial Auto Insurance. If you have a business that relies on transportation or delivery services, commercial auto insurance protects the trucks, vans, and cars you use to operate your business. Typically, commercial auto has higher coverage limits than personal policies, so they are a good idea even if you use your own vehicle for your business.
- Commercial Umbrella Insurance. Just as the name suggests, umbrella insurance provides extra protection that extends your standard commercial business or auto insurance. If you have a claim that exceeds your total insurance limit, your umbrella policy can help cover the additional expenses.
- Professional Liability Insurance. Also called errors and omissions (E&O), professional liability coverage helps protect industries that offer advice to consumers. PLI insurance may cover damages awarded in a lawsuit involving unhappy clients.
- Workers’ Compensation. This insurance provides medical benefits and lost wages to employees who are hurt or suffer illness related to their job duties.
Hawsey Insurance provides insurance to businesses in Jackson, Madison, and Southaven, and throughout Mississippi and the surrounding states. Contact Hawsey Insurance online to get a quote on commercial insurance in Mississippi.