If you need help choosing the right car insurance in Jackson, MS, or Memphis, TN, turn to the experienced agents at Hawsey Insurance. Whether you’re looking for a new policy or need to amend your existing coverage, we’re here to help keep your wheels covered. Find out more about the life events that sometimes trigger higher or lower insurance rates, as well as the minimum automobile coverage in your state.
Periodically Evaluate Your Coverage
We always strive to find exceptional car insurance at affordable rates for clients. Did you know that certain life events may save you money on car insurance in Memphis, TN, and Jackson, MS?
Get a new quote if any of the following applies to you:
- Purchasing a new vehicle. Safety and anti-theft features may result in lower rates.
- Moving. If you move to a neighborhood with lower crime rates, your premium may drop.
- Getting older. Drivers 25 or older may be eligible for lower insurance rates.
- Getting married. Grouping insurance policies could result in a cheaper overall insurance bill. Many insurance providers also consider married drivers to be a bit more responsible on the road.
- Buying a home. If you have just bought a new home, ask us about multi-line discounts with the same or a different insurance company.
What Events Can Increase Your Car Insurance Costs?
Of course, it makes sense that other life events can increase your car insurance premiums. Let’s take a look at milestones that should prompt an insurance review with your agent:
- Moving to an area of higher crime. Memphis and Jackson are both urban areas with their fair share of crime. If you move to one of these cities from a rural area, you may notice that your car insurance rates go up.
- Filing claims. You should definitely file a claim if you have an accident and need the money to cover repairs or the replacement cost of your vehicle. However, it’s important to note that filing claims may increase your premiums, particularly if you have an at-fault accident.
- Traffic violations. If you accumulate points on your license due to traffic violations, that may also impact what you pay for car insurance in Jackson, MS, and Memphis, TN.
- Adding a teenage driver. Your teenager might be excited about passing their drivers test. However, you may have reservations about adding them to your automobile insurance. Talk to your agent for ways to minimize the impact of adding a teen driver to your policy.
Contact us for any questions you have on circumstances you feel could impact your car insurance rates.
Do You Know the Minimum Coverage for Car Insurance in Memphis, TN, or Jackson, MS?
It’s extremely important to purchase the minimum car insurance coverage as seen in the following table (as on March 04, 2021):
|Tennessee Minimum Car Insurance Coverage||Mississippi Minimum Car Insurance Coverage|
|Bodily Injury per Person||$25,000||$25,000|
|Bodily Injury per Accident||$50,000||$50,000|
You may also want to consider adding the following popular auto insurance products for more comprehensive coverage for you, your passengers, and your vehicle:
- Liability Coverage
- Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist (UI/UIM)
- Collision Coverage
- Medical Payments
- Comprehensive Coverage
- Other Auto Insurance Options
Contact Hawsey Insurance online for more information on car insurance in Memphis, TN or Jackson, Madison, and Southaven as well as all of Mississippi and the surrounding states. We have three locations to choose from, including Madison, Jackson, and Southaven, MS.