As a Mississippi business owner, you face a range of risks such as property damage, customer lawsuits, and employee injuries. Don’t let one incident ruin your reputation and put you in financial jeopardy. Instead, meet with your Hawsey Insurance agent to discuss your current and future coverage needs for business insurance in Jackson, MS.
We advise every business owner to invest in insurance to protect their interests. If any of the following apply to your business, set up an appointment with one of our licensed agents to discuss how to cover your risks:
- You could be sued if a customer is injured in your store, office, or other workplace.
- Your business has a physical location in your home, rented space, or owned property.
- You keep physical or digital property that thieves can steal, damage, or hack. This includes furniture, digital assets, customer information, or company data.
Types of Business Insurance in Jackson, MS
There are dozens of business policy types to choose from. Fortunately, our commercial insurance experts are here to guide your way.
Here are the major types of Mississippi business insurance:
- Commercial auto insurance: If your business uses vehicles for transportation, deliveries, and other purposes, you must meet the state’s minimum auto insurance coverage, as follows:
Do you use your personal vehicle for work? If so, we advise getting a commercial auto policy to cover your risks.
- Property damage liability: $25,000 per accident
- Bodily injury liability: $25,000 per person
- Bodily injury insurance: $50,000 per accident
- General liability insurance: This important policy covers customer injuries and property damage. If you have a commercial lease, it’s probably required by your contract. Additionally, GL insurance covers slander and libel lawsuits.
- Professional liability insurance: Also known as errors and omissions insurance, this policy covers business owners who make mistakes or miss a contractual deadline. Examples of professionals who may choose this insurance include accountants, real estate agents, and financial advisors. We often recommend this coverage in case of oversights and work mistakes or unintentional negligence.
- Cyber liability insurance: You can survive data breaches and cyberattacks if you protect your business with this policy. It helps to cover costs associated with legal fees, client notifications and fraud monitoring, and other expenses to protect your business from cybercriminals.
- Business owner’s policy: You may benefit from bundling general liability and property insurance into a BOP plan. Discuss this cost-effective option with one of our experienced agents.
- Workers’ compensation insurance: If you have five or more employees, you must purchase workers compensation insurance to cover expenses associated with a work injury. This may include medical expenses, partial missed wages, and legal fees.
Not sure which Mississippi business insurance would deliver the best coverage for your business? Set up a face to face meeting in one of our three locations in Madison, Jackson, or Southaven, MS. We also offer business insurance in Alabama, Louisiana and Tennessee.
Contact Hawsey Insurance online for more information on business insurance in Jackson, MS. We can also handle the need of specific industries.