Children are inquisitive by nature. They like to explore the world around them. When you run a daycare, you give them a safe location to grow and expand their imagination. You love children and helping families with your services. Parents need quality care for their offspring; you are the right one for the job.
Getting started in childcare is exciting and filled with many business decisions. You need to know what kind of facility you want to run and what licenses you need. Most of all, you must understand that your enterprise is protected if a claim is filed against you. Picking the best type of daycare insurance for your Mississippi enterprise is a step in the right direction.
Suggestions for Starting a Daycare Business
Before you open your door to the kiddos, you will want to ensure you have several bases covered. Here are five steps to lay a foundation for this exciting chapter in your career:
- Decide the kind of business you want to run. Start by thinking about what type of daycare you will run. Will it be at an in-home center or a commercial facility? Do you want to remain a sole proprietor, or are you considering creating a corporation? You may even want to buy into a franchise. Knowing some background information will help you with the following suggestion – writing a business plan.
- Develop a business plan. This step aims to set out what you want to accomplish as a daycare owner. It should include a summary, a company overview, a market analysis, a marketing and sales plan, and a financial plan. It doesn’t have to be overwhelming since you can make changes as you grow, but it will help guide you as you develop your daycare.
- Determine what certifications and licenses you need. You may not require to have an early childhood education degree, but most states require some certifications and licenses. Check out what your state requires by going to your state’s Department of Child Care Services.
- Find a daycare facility. If you are not going to have a home daycare, then you need a building that can meet government regulations for safety and zoning. If you are opening a home daycare, you may have to make alterations to your home to meet laws and regulations.
- Obtain daycare insurance. Most states require a minimum amount of liability insurance to get licensed. If a claim is filed, daycare insurance protects you, your employees, and your property. In any business venture, you always run the risk of a lawsuit, so it pays to be prepared with quality coverage.
Protect Your Calling – Choose Quality Daycare Insurance in Mississippi
The team at Hawsey Insurance loves to help business owners like yourself find quality daycare insurance. We have a knack for finding the best coverage at reasonable rates. If you have an existing policy, bring it in. We’ll review it, find gaps, and offer solutions. Give us a call today to get started!
Call Hawsey Insurance at 601-856-7707 for a free quote on daycare insurance in Mississippi. Feel free to contact us online or make an appointment to stop by our Madison, Jackson, and Southaven, MS offices.